Alu chop,Potato Chop,Bengali Aloo Chop,Batata Vada,Bengali Aloo Chop Recipe,Potato croquettes
Ingredients for Aloo Chop
Boiled potatoes (उबले हुए आलू ) – 4 (300gms)
Chicpea flour (बेसन ) – 1/2 cup brimmed (60 gms)
Peanuts (मूंगफली ) – 2 tbsp (roasted and coarsely ground)
Green coriander (हरा धनिया ) – 2 tbsp ( finely chopped)
Ginger (अदरक ) – 1/2 inch (grated )
Green chilies (हरी मिर्च ) – 2 (finely chopped)
Garam Masala (हरी मिर्च ) – 1/4 tsp
Carom seeds (अजवायन ) – less than 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds (जीरा ) – 1/4 tsp
Red chili powder (लाल मिर्च पाउडर ) – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder (हल्दी पाउडर ) – 1/2 tsp
Salt (नमक ) – less than 1 tsp ( to taste)
Coriander powder (धनिया पाउडर ) – 1 tsp
Baking Soda (बेकिंग सोडा ) – 1 pinch
Oil (तेल ) – for frying
How to make Potato Chop :
1. Take chickpea flour in a mixing bowl. Add water in small portion and whisk until lumps dissolve.Add more water and prepare thin batter.
2. Add salt, red chili powder, carom seeds, baking soda.Mix all ingredients well. Batter is ready keep it aside.
3. For Stuffing, take potatoes, peel and mash them.
4. Meanwhile heat a pan, once hot add cumin seeds. Reduce flame. Add finely chopped green chillies, ginger pieces grated, turmeric powder, coriander powder, Slightly roast the spices.
5. Add the mashed potatoes. Add red chili powder, Garam masala, salt, Mix all ingredients and roast potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Add green coriander, roasted and ground peanuts. Mix well. The peanuts are optional. Once ready, let them cool. Meanwhile heat some oil.
7. For chop lift some mix and make it round then press and flatten it. shape all likewise.
8. Whisk the batter for a while. Dip the tikki in batter and put to fry on high flame. Flip and fry well until golden brown from both sides.
9. Turn flame to medium. Fry for 2 to 3 more minutes until crisp, then take these out. Keep in plate. Fry all the chops likewise.
10. Steaming hot Aloo Chops are ready as snacks. Relish them anytime.
Subscribe for more recipes –
For the Best recipes on YouTube, log onto –
Find us on Facebook at –
Visit my Hindi Website